2017 Organization of the Year - Advocates for Forest of Nisene Marks State Park
John is a very active member of the Aptos community, having lived here with his family for over 30 years.
• He has coached the Aptos High School Girls Golf Team. He and Robin have also coached their daughter's United States Youth Volleyball League team, as well as the American Youth Basketball Association.
• They've been active in the Aptos Chamber of Commerce, the History Museum, and the Monte Foundation Fireworks.
• For the past several years, John has been Santa Claus and Robin has been Mrs. Claus at the Aptos Tree Lighting Ceremonies and the annual Grey Bears Christmas Dinner.
• He is currently serving as President on the board of The Advocates for the Forest of Nisene Marks State Park. "For me, being a part of the Advocates is a wonderful privilege and an opportunity to give back to a Park and community that has offered me so much. It's an honor to follow in the footsteps of so many who have done so much in the past. It's my turn to help polish and protect this little gem of a Park that is right in our backyard!" Learn more about The Advocates for the Forest of Nisene Marks State Park...
• John is also passionate about mountain biking. He serves as President on the board for Trips for Kids Santa Cruz, a volunteer organization that provides kids (ages 10-18) with everything they need to have a safe, fun experience riding a mountain bike in the great outdoors, all at no cost to them. "Trips for Kids combines my interest in working with kids with the satisfaction, sense of accomplishment and self-fulfillment that comes with mountain biking. Trips for Kids has provided me an incredible opportunity to make a difference in young people's lives who may be in search of healthier life-style choices. I look forward to helping kids, one ride at a time. Happy trails!" Learn more about Trips for Kids...
John has kept a fresh perspective and high level of enthusiasm for his work over the past three decades and thinks the secret to this success is passion for his work. "If you do what you love, you will never work another day in your life. I do what I love and I care about this community and enjoy improving it one house at a time."
More articles about John Fuchs: